Don’t forget about the OBC's regular, one day, track cycling trips to the velodrome at the Centre National Bromont, in Bromont Quebec.
We have two firm dates:
- Sunday, July 9th
- Sunday, July 30th
We still have room for more people. Track “is a blast”, and definitely worth a try!
Depending on interest, we plan to have an additional 3 sessions in August/September. You can register for as many sessions as you want.
These trips will be similar to last year's Bromont trips, somewhat improved and better organised, now that we have experience running the sessions under our belt!
Please register ASAP by emailing Bill Bourne
These trips will be open to *all* OBC members, both youth and adults. Each trip will be customised for the specific ages and abilities of the attendees. Participants can attend as many or as few trips as they would like.
Track cycling is one of the best ways to develop a number of important cycling skills. It's also a blast... incredibly fun! If you have never ridden a velodrome before, these sessions are a great way to get introduced to the joys of track cycling.
To attend these sessions, you need to be:
- Age 11 or older
- Youth should be at the equivalent of L2T or T2T from the OBC Youth Development program. Adults should be at an experienced road rider … OBC Touring 2 level and up.
- You don’t need any fixed gear riding experience. Training for brand new track riders will be included in the program.
- You don't need a track bike, the Centre National has bikes available.
The cost for the day is:
- $15 for experienced riders with their own track bike
- $30 for experienced riders who are renting a bike
- $45 for new riders … this covers a 2-hour initiation session from a Bromont coach, the track bike rental, and access to the track for the day