With two successful trips behind us, it’s time to register for the third! Our next trip is coming up Friday, February 28th to Sunday, March 1st. Registration is open! Just send an email to Bill Bourne email@example.com
Forest City Velodrome (FCV) is the perfect track to get introduced to track cycling as well as to develop your track riding skills. Our long-weekend trips to FCV are by far the best way to get significant track experience in a compressed time frame at very low cost.
All ages, from 11 to well, "even older than me" are welcome. New track riders are especially welcome. Riders should have good basic riding skills, and be able to ride 30KPH for 15-20 minutes at a time. Touring 2 adult riders and T2Ts in the Youth Program will do just fine.
We’ll make sure all riders have a program that addresses their goals.
The cost is $125 per rider for the 3 days, including track bike rental. Hotel cost is about $120 per room per night (so $60 a night if you share a room). And you are responsible for your own food. I'll be booking the OBC Van, which can take 8 people.
The exact schedule is TBD, but you can expect something like:
- Friday: Leave OBC Office, 170B Booth Street (at Albert) 9:00 AM
- Friday 5:00 PM: Arrive at FCV
- Friday 5:30 pm Beginner’s Track training & Certification and Private OBC club session. We will be doing beginner’s training, some skills work, plus giving experienced riders some riding time.
- Sat morning -- Recreational ride 8:30-12:00 with FCV members
- Sat afternoon -- Youth Structured Training 2:00-4:30 pm with the Kallisto FCV Club, Our youth can participate in the regular FCV Structured Youth Training session run by the FCV Youth coach
- Sat. evening -- Private club session - Group training. Will be based on ability and need. A mix of skills development and fitness efforts
- Sun morning -- Private club session 8:00-10:00 am - Group training. Will be based on ability and need. A mix of skills development and fitness efforts
- Sun morning -- Recreational ride 10:00-12:00 with FCV members
- Leave FCV 1:00 PM, back at OBC offices Sunday 8:30 PM
If you are interested, please let me know ASAP. Email firstname.lastname@example.org