If you have photographs already hosted on a webserver (flickr, picasaweb etc. or your own personal website) feel free to post the link on the club forum so that members can view your photos. You can also submit the link to the club webmaster. If you have photos on your computer you wish to have posted on-line, you can use our flickr page.
The Ottawa Bicycle Club maintains a public flickr page for members to post photographs from OBC events. If you wish to have your photographs posted, please review the following guidelines
Copyright and Privacy
All pictures submitted will be published on the public flickr page and may also be used in the newsletter, OBC social media or other areas of the OBC website. However, the original photographer remains the copyright owner of the photograph . If you are not the photographer, please identify the photographer with your submission. Please do not submit photographs from professional photographers or pictures from other websites unless you have been granted permission to do so.
There are no laws in Ontario which prohibit the taking and non-commercial publishing of any photograph taken from a publicly viewable location. However, please use discretion and common sense and do not submit potentially unflattering or embarrassing photographs of other club members.
More information on Canadian copyright and privacy laws with respect to photography is summarized on-line.
Preparing your photographs
Please consider editing your photos before submission. Remove any blurry or out of focus shots as well as any duplicates or similar shots. Ideally you should limit your submission to your best photographs.
Flickr automatically resizes your photos for optimal viewing on-line. Therefore you can submit full size photos directly from your camera and flickr will handle the resizing for you. However, if you wish to resize them beforehand, 2048px on the longest side is the preferred size.
All photographs should be in JPG format using the sRGB colour space. This is the default format produced by most cameras.
Submitting your photographs
You can submit photos using either of the following methods, listed in order of preference:
- Upload them yourself directly to the OBC flickr account. Please contact the OBC webmaster for user name and password
- Shared with the OBC webmaster via a folder in Google Drive.
- E-mail to the OBC webmaster. Please limit the size of each e-mail message to 10mb to ensure that it will be delivered. There is no limit to the number of e-mail messages that can be sent to this address
- FTP server maintained by the OBC for picture upload. Please contact the OBC webmaster for user name and password
- Burn a CD or DVD and leave it at the club office .