Ontario Cycling Association
Below is the OCA's Cyclists Responsibility Code. Please note that, although created with 'race' events in mind, this code also applies to the RLCT and all participants must take responsibility for their own safety while on this Tour.
Cyclists' Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control. You must be able to ride safely among others, to come to a complete stop and to avoid obstacles - all without causing harm to yourself or others. You must only participate in events that match your fitness and ability level.
- You must be familiar with the course and the environs.
- Do not ride on any course if you are not participating in that field/event.
- Obey, at all times, the rules governing this sport and the rules governing this event. Observe and obey, at all times, all event signage and personnel, including event staff, marshals, commissionaires, security staff and police officers.
- You must always wear an approved helmet at all times while astride your bicycle during this event.
- Use only equipment with which you are familiar and which is in good working order.
- Do not stop where you may obstruct the race in progress or where you are not visible to oncoming riders or others.
- You must not participate in the event if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol, excessively fatigued or if you are dizzy or ill.
- If you do not finish the event you must clearly report to a commissionaire or designated event staff that you are withdrawing.
- Understand the risks of this sport and take time to read and understand all documents you are signing, as well as this Cyclists' Responsibility Code.