Our first trip of the season to the Forest City Velodrome (FCV) in London is planned for Friday November 25th to Sunday November 26th. We had a great time on our trips last year. FCV is a really fun track to ride - great for both new and for experienced riders. Our long-weekend trips to FCV are by far the best way to get significant track experience or to do some significant training in a compressed timeframe at very low cost. You get an opportunity to meet, socialize, and ride with many riders from southern Ontario. And it’s a whole lot of fun!
All ages, from 11 to adult to, well, "even older than me" are welcome. New track riders are welcome, Riders should be at the T2T level and up. Adults should be at Touring 2 and up. I'll consider L2T riders on a case-by-case basis. Riders should have good basic riding skills, and be able to ride 32KPH for 15-20 minutes at a time.
We’ll make sure all riders have a program that addresses their goals. There will be training sessions for competitive riders, as well as sessions for new and recreational riders. We can accommodate youth to adults, recreational riders and racers, new track riders and experienced trackies. We will have lots of track time. There will be more than enough riding time, and opportunities to do whatever training and skills development you want.
The cost is $120 per rider for the 3 days, including track bike rental. Hotel cost is about $100 per room per night (so $50 a night if you share a room). And you are responsible for your own food. Transportation in the OBC van is 100% free for the first 8 OBC members to sign up.
The FCV organization is incredibly welcoming, helpful and accommodating. FCV is the perfect track to get introduced to track cycling as well as to develop your track riding skills. You can see photos from last year’s trip at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai6M5yg
OH2X9iFG_EaCMViExzazB And check out the FCV website at http:// forestcityvelodrome.ca/
Here is a rough schedule of what you can expect:
- Friday: Leave OBC Office, 170B Booth Street (at Albert) 9:30 AM
- Friday 5:00 PM: Arrive at FCV
- Friday 6:00 pm -- Beginner’s Track training & Certification. Shared private club session and open track. We will be sharing the track with another group that will be doing beginner’s training, and some skills work. We'll take turns on the track, and also ride in groups together where it makes sense.
- Sat morning -- Private Track Session 6:30AM-8:00 AM (Only if we want it... I suspect most people will find this too early and too much! But it’s booked if we want it)
- Sat morning -- Recreational ride 8:30-12:00 with FCV members
- Sat afternoon -- Youth Structured Training 2:00-4:30 pm Our youth can participate in the regular FCV Structured Youth Training session run by the FCV Youth coach
- Sat. evening -- RACE NIGHT! These are fun races, grouped by ability. Experienced riders are welcome to race. If you are not racing, you will find watching the races really enjoyable.
- Sun morning -- Private club session 8:00-10:00am - Group training. Will be based on ability and need. A mix of skills development and fitness efforts
- Sun morning -- Recreational ride 10:00-12:00
- Leave FCV 1:00 PM, back at OBC offices Sunday 8:30 PM
If you are interested, please let me know ASAP.