Our next trip to the Forest City Velodrome (FCV) in London, is planned for Friday April 6th to Sunday April 8th.FCV is a really fun track to ride - great for both new and experienced riders. Our long-weekend trips to FCV are by far the best way to get significant track experience and to do some great training in a compressed timeframe at very low cost. You get an opportunity to meet, socialize, and ride with many riders from southern Ontario. And it’s a whole lot of fun!
All ages, from 11 to adult to, well, "even older than me" are welcome. New track riders are welcome, Riders should be at the T2T level and up. Adults should be at Touring 2 and up. I'll consider L2T riders on a case-by-case basis. Riders should have good basic riding skills, and be able to ride 32KPH for 15-20 minutes at a time.
We’ll make sure all riders have a program that addresses their goals. There will be training sessions for competitive riders, as well as sessions for new and recreational riders. We can accommodate youth to adults, recreational riders and racers, new track riders and experienced trackies. We’ll have lots of track time - there will be more than enough riding time, and opportunities to do whatever training and skills development you want.
The cost is $120 per rider for the 3 days, including track bike rental. Hotel cost is about $100 per room per night (so $50 a night if you share a room). And you are responsible for your own food. Transportation in the OBC van is 100% free for the first 8 OBC members to sign up.
The FCV organization is incredibly welcoming, helpful and accommodating. FCV is the perfect track to get introduced to track cycling as well as to develop your track riding skills. You can see photos from a previous trip at https://1drv.ms/f/s!Ai6M5ygOH2X9iFG_EaCMViExzazB And check out the FCV website at http://forestcityvelodrome.ca/
Here is a rough schedule of what you can expect:
- Friday: Leave OBC Office, 170B Booth Street (at Albert) 9:30 AM
- Friday 5:00 PM: Arrive at FCV
- Friday 6:00 pm Beginner’s Track training & Certification and Private OBC club session. We will be doing beginner’s training, some skills work, plus giving experienced riders some riding time.
- Sat morning Recreational ride 8:30-12:00 with FCV members
- Sat afternoon Youth Structured Training 2:00-4:30 pm Our youth can participate in the regular FCV Structured Youth Training session run by the FCV Youth coach
- Sat. evening Private club session - Group training. Will be based on ability and need. A mix of skills development and fitness efforts
- Sun morning Private club session 8:00-10:00am - Group training. Will be based on ability and need. A mix of skills development and fitness efforts
- Sun morning Recreational ride 10:00-12:00 with FCV members
- Leave FCV 1:00 PM, back at OBC offices Sunday 8:30 PM
If you are interested, please let Bill Bourne know ASAP. Email email@example.com