It's time to register for our next OBC summer track cycling trip to the Bromont velodrome ( http://centrenationalbromont.com/caracteristiques-du-velodrome/), coming up on Sunday, July 15th.
Our first trip on June 2nd was a great success. We had 17 riders, from age 12 to 60+, 8 brand new riders, as well as some (fast!) experienced track racers. And nearly half were women. Everyone had a great time, and we got a few new riders “hooked” on track!
Like all our trips, this trip on July 15th is open to all OBC members, both youth and adults.
Track cycling is one of the best ways to develop a number of important cycling skills that transfer to road cycling - bike handling, agility, group riding, It's also a blast... incredibly fun!
If you have never ridden a velodrome before, these sessions are a great way to get introduced to the joys of track cycling. Experienced track cyclists will also get a lot out of this trip. There will be a range of exercises and riding customized to the specific people that attend. We'll accommodate all fitness levels and interests, and there will be opportunities to "crank it up" if you want.
To attend these sessions, you need to be:
- Age 12 or older
- Youth should be at the equivalent of L2T or T2T from the OBC Youth Development program. Adults should be an experienced road rider … Touring 2 level and up.
- You don’t need any fixed gear riding experience. Training for brand new track riders will be included in the program.
- You don't need a track bike, the Centre National has bikes available.
The costs are:
- $15 for experienced riders with their own track bike
- $30 for experienced riders who are renting a bike
- $45 + Tax for new riders … this covers a 2-hour initiation session from a Bromont coach, the track bike rental, and access to the track for the day
Transportation will be by the OBC van, and by carpooling.
Registration is simple - just send Bill Bourne an email at firstname.lastname@example.org You can also email Bill with any questions you have.
See you at the track!