Registration is now open for the @ottawabicycleclub’s (OBC) Women’s Time Trials (WTT) for Tuesday, September 15, 2020, our last WTT event for the season!
Because where else would you rather be, on a Tuesday evening? ;-)
Our last #tuesdate for the season! #swipelefttuesdays …because the right choice for a date night is to #swiperight down to the #OBCWTT registration link below.
Make our last get-together count! Join our tribe: the #OBCwomenonbikes !
Key details you need to know before registering:
Who: This event is open to all 2020 female OBC members, including our youth (male and female) and new OBC members who are looking to improve their cycling skills. It is not a race against others; you only need to race against yourself, and the clock.
When: Tuesday, September 15, 2020, starting at 5:30 pm. Riders will be assigned and notified of their start numbers after noon, on the day of the event. When registering, you will be asked about your average speed to complete this distance. If you participated in a previous WTT event this year, your fastest result will be used to determine seeding/order.
Where: Meet in the Aviation Museum parking lot (intersection of Aviation and Rockcliffe Parkways) for last minute instructions. The start line is at Sir George Etienne Cartier Parkway (east of Aviation Museum). Race distance will be around 9k.
1-Use the following registration link:
2-If this is your first time to do the WTT or have not registered for other OBC events this year, please complete the COVID waiver and forward a copy to email@example.com:
Adult COVID waiver: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5ed1003b165fe/web/
Youth COVID waiver: https://waiver.smartwaiver.com/w/5ed0f9b3dcefb/web/
We will provide you with a confirmation email that indicates your start #, start time, and the event guidelines (also provided below).
Registration is capped at three waves of 10 (maximum 30 participants).
What to bring: your bike (any type of bike you have as long as it is safe and fun to ride), and your helmet. Fancy race gear is not required.
Please show up at the start line a few minutes prior to your start time, and respect physical distancing (two bike lengths between riders, off to the side of the road, please).
For new riders – A small team of #OBCWTT volunteers will be in the parking lot of the Aviation Museum a half hour before the start of the event to answer questions.
How will it work?
- There will be up to 3 waves of 10 riders (or 2 waves of 13), depending on total numbers of participants, with a 10 minute break between each wave.
- There will be 30 seconds between each rider within a wave.
- There will be no holder, but there will be a starter counting down. Start with a foot on the ground or do a track stand.
- The turnaround will or will not be manned. There will be a sign before the turn, and a cone at the turnaround point. You are responsible for your turn. Safety first!
- IMPORTANT: Please loudly call out your start number twice and slowly at the finish line. We will not be handing out stickers this year.
- Seeding is (generally) fastest first to reduce passing (for those who've done a TT in the past, that's why you got a strange number!!).
- No drafting!
- Be respectful to other riders who are out on the parkway. Give space when passing!
- Be aware of your surroundings: cars, people, animals, cracks in the road. Safety first!
As always, please respect gathering limits and distancing guidelines; let's keep the pre and post gathering to a minimum and help avoid a reputational risk for the club.
If you have any feedback, please drop us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org .
What you should get from this: enhance your cycling skills, meet new people (albeit physically distanced), #bikeunencumbered … and have fun!
See you Tuesday.
Thank you for your support and participation!
The #OBCWTT team
Spread the word!
Please follow our current social media channels below, like, comment on, or share our posts, and hashtag #OBCWTT #OBCwomenonbikes whenever possible:
Strava Group - https://www.strava.com/clubs/ottawabicycleclub
Facebook Group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/ottawabicycleclub/
Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/OttawaBicycleClub/
Twitter - https://twitter.com/ottbicycleclub
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/ottawabicycleclub/