The OBC has been committed to developing aspiring competitive youth cyclists in the Ottawa/Gatineau region for over 30 years. Many have gone on to represent Canada at the highest levels of the sport including World Championships, Olympic Games, and racing for professional teams at events such as the Tour de France.
Our mission is to provide a premier program in for road, mountain bike, cyclocross and track racing that develops meaningful life skills in young people and empowers them to pursue their competitive goals.
Key components of the program for athletes in the U15 through U23 categories (2000-2009 year of birth) include:
- A holistic program that follows long term athlete development principles
- Support for athletes to achieve and celebrate their full personal potential
- The experience of being part of a team in pursuit of team goals
- Opportunities to contribute to and benefit from being part of an extended cycling community
Through training at coached team sessions and on one's own, athletes will learn to follow a training plan, compete as part of a team, and manage their time so that there is a healthy balance between cycling and other life activities. Our program develops more that the athletic ability, but also attributes such as integrity, passion and resilience. We want to develop athletes who are ambassadors of the sport and ready for great things in life, both on and off the bike.
Interested athletes are invited to contact the racing program's lead coach at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the program in more detail. Athletes that proceed to register with the program will provide payment for a club membership, race license and racing program fee.
- Ages 16 - 22 (born 2000 - 2006) $650 (plus HST)
- Ages 13 - 15 (born 2007 - 2009) $450 (plus HST)